If you are looking for a Fourth of July celebration Catonsville, Maryland is the place to go! Although the focus is less on Patriotism than perhaps some historical sites, we are partial to Catonsville since most of our extended family lives there. There is so much energy throughout the day which started with the Catonsville parade. This was the first year we skipped the parade in many years so that Paul could visit his aunt in Pennsylvania. We did, however, manage to make it to two great cook out parties before the fireworks started.
Did you know these facts about the Catonsville Celebration:
- Catonsville has been hosting a fireworks show for the past 65 years?
- the fireworks are held rain or shine (but we had perfect weather this year)?
- Catonsville holds a pre-fireworks fun fest with live music before the fireworks show?
- each year there is a different theme to the parade/fireworks show?
- volunteers raise over $100,000 per year to cover the costs of the event?
As always, Catonsville has shown us an awesome time with great events, crowds and great company! I highly recommend spending the day in Catonsville on the Fourth of July where you can feel the unity of our countries citizens. You may also get a glimpse of my-brother-in-law wearing a purple skirt as he walks with the Raven’s Roost!
Time spent: About 4 hours (we usually spend a good 10 hours there) – prepare to walk a lot
Cost: Free (but donations are accepted)